Pages

Ads 468x60px

10 October 2010

Various Fandom Things: I'm not perfect but I keep trying, 'cause that's what I said I would do from the start.

There are a few things that are making me happy right now and since I'm a big fan of lists (it's true), I'll just go ahead and list them.


001. The current book that I am reading, not because it's an easy read but because in all of it's simple-ness it's still a complex story thats being told. Other's I know would probably pick it up, read the brief summary on the back of it and go "but that's just your basic generic supernatural-y type story being told over and over" and maybe it is, but it's generic with a funny ol' twist to it and it's definitely relateable too. And the important thing, it's making me happy at the moment.


002. This season of Smallville, even if it's the final one. I love more than anything, that they're really pulling out all of the stops with this one. My biggest thing I want to see before it's all said and done, is Clark Kent really coming into his own, embracing his true destiny, and actually donning the Superman outfit. That and flying, I've had enough of this Kal-El can fly, but Clark Kent is grounded. It worked for the first few seasons, but this is the final season and it's time that boy takes to the sky like he was sent to Earth to do. 

Also, Clark and Lois, and how beautiful they are together. I really do enjoy Tom and Erica on my screen, and  how they work so well together at showing just how amazing Clark and Lois can and should be. It took me a while to come around to Erica as Lois, but once I did I fell hard and fast. Plus, it helps when you have pretty like this gracing your screen.


Lois smile makes me smile, too. That and the fact that Terri Hatcher is going to be playing Lois Lane's mom this season, which totally has me geeking out already. lol. From one Lois to another, it's going to be super-fantastic. (See what I did there? *winks*) 

And Supergirl being back to save the day is just one of the many reasons WHY I LOVE/HATE THIS SHOW do damn much! See, the pretty?!


Oh show, I will NEVER be ready for you to be over, despite all of the past grievances I hold against you that we simply WON'T get into now.

003. THIS!!! ALJFALJDFALKJFADLJKFDALJFAKDFA!!!


Olivia: You’re not real.
Peter: Real is just a matter of perception. I am here. And I’m a part of you that you have to hold onto. You can’t forget who you are Olivia. You can’t forget where you’re from. You can’t forget this.
;; 3.03  The Plateau

I just, ljadlfjadfdjalkfd! I mean, seriously, at some point Peter's going to have to realize that the Olivia that he's been with isn't the real!Olivia. But god, I've wanted this for so long. And randomly, alt!Astrid kinda creeps me out a bit.

004. Damon and Elena over Stefan and Elena any day. But, really...for me it just seems too easy to ship Stefan/Elena when they come across as Buffy/Angel 2.0. I'm more for the crunch of bones and the "I hate you," that actually means, "I really dislike you right now, but I could see myself possibly loving you sometime in the far away future maybe." It's not that I don't like Stefan or Elena, don't get me wrong, I just don't like them together. 

I think it's probably because I have this story of them that the books told me vs. the story that the show is currently telling me coupled with the fact that I always originally shipped Damon/Elena and Stefan/Katherine. It's been so fun watching Katherine and the games that she plays with both of the guys, but it sucks so much for Damon that she toyed with him the way that she did and then turned around and bit him in the non-proverbial sense. But, I think it's pretty telling that she could have and did use compulsion on Stefan up to a certain extent, but when it  came to their feelings she never compelled him once to love her and he did. And I believe that she loved him, as well.

This using each other for whatever means necessary gets kind of old after a while, so that's why I guess a part of me is so anxious to see how the're going to further develop the relationship tentative almost non-existent but barely there friendship between Damon/Elena. I'm just waiting for my ship to get a chance to sail and probably sink spectacularly well, too. 

005. Sara Bareilles song, Breathe Again. It's absolutely the MOST GORGEOUS song that I've heard in a LONG LONG time, true facts. It reminds me of two of my main ships right now (Clark&Lois and Damon&Elena), but mostly Clark and Lois. I have this image of the two of them in my mind, the rain coming down, there's a window pane and an out-stretched hand, maybe even a taxi pulling away from the curb as someone steps down and water splashes and it's the most beautifully tragic or tragically beautiful image I've associated with them and it totally fits this season so far. 

"Out of breath, I am left hoping someday I'll breathe again. I'll breathe again..." 


I don't know, but I know that I have it on continuous play and I cannot stop listening to it. Somebody NEEDS to make a Clark/Lois fan video to this song LIKE FIRE NOW!!!


On a totally non-fanon note, I've decided that the day is what you make of it. It can be good or it can be bad, it's all up to you, because you're the one in the driver's seat. I think I've decided to just be and let be. Whatever happens is gonna happen and whatever doesn't wasn't really meant to be. Things are just there and if they're not, then maybe you won't miss them and if you do then you'll know next time what not to do so that they'll be there when you turn around and finally look. I'm tired of being weak and letting the anger, the frustration, the stress, and the pain take me over. I want the sunshine on my face and the happiness that comes along with it. I want to look  back and be able to say, that day was what I made it be, and it was happy because I made up my mind to let it be happy and to not let anything drag me asunder.


Okay, I guess that's it for now. Good night blogger world. Good night Twitter. Good night Facebook. Good night livejournal. Good night fandom. Good night friends.


Good night world.

0 comments:

Post a Comment