Pages

Ads 468x60px

09 October 2010

Dawson's Creek: she belongs to fairy tales that I could never be.


Pacey:  So hypothetically speaking... if I were lucky enough one day to find myself owning a sailboat again, and I were to ask the woman that I love to go sailing with me... would she?
Joey: You wouldn't have to ask, Pace.

It's crazy how one particular fictional couple can change how you view the world in terms of love and happiness, but these two crazy kids have done just that. They were beautiful and tragic and angsty and happy in every aspect of their relationship. They were the two characters that I wasn't sure were going to get their happy ending, but I was pleased to see that they did. For years I hated the term "soulmate" because it reminded me of one Dawson Leary and let's just say, that wasn't something I enjoyed that much. However, I love that these two weren't looking for it and yet just sort of stumbled into it and really gave themselves over even through all of the guilt and the agonizing over hurting said person in common, when it came down to it these two were just meant to be and I'm glad they got their happy ending. It sort of gives me hope, a little.

0 comments:

Post a Comment